Tuesday, April 13, 2010

One lump or two?


I need a place!  I need a place to go to sit and chat with friends and snack a little snack and sip a little tea!  

I love me some Starbucks as much as the next caffeine addicted, trendy drink loving, always on the go girl - but what about those wonderful rare occasions when you can actually take an hour or so and enjoy that latte?  Even better - when you can enjoy your latte in a legit cup (not made of 10% post consumer recycled paper) while chatting with a friend?

This is my dilemma now.  In my current home town I have yet to find a cute little coffee shop / cafe that does not include a drive through, makes you wonder if the place is ever cleaned or requires you to enter through a cloud of smoke from the hippies puffing something outside the front door (nothing against the hippies - just the smoke.  for some reason the crowds of people who gather to smoke outside of coffee shop doors tend to dress in hemp-made clothing, wear birkenstocks and need a haircut).

This has inspired me to want to design and open my own place.  And then I want to sit there all day and welcome friends for a chat, a cup of tea and enjoy the social cup of happiness!

More to come as these designs take shape... I'm not kidding - this place needs to exist.

3 comments:

  1. That's such a good idea! There are a ton of cute coffee shops around Chicago, but a lot of them are aimed towards college students. Those that have loose leaf tea are always my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanna - fancy tea happens to be one of those things that always makes me smile! More to come on this tea shop idea... it has sparked my interest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you been to Teavana? I'm guessing you are in Chicago by the above comment... I don't know. I just discovered your blog. I love tea though and we have this chain in our area... well not my specific area (I wish), but in New England. Check it out maybe. Its soooo good. Its on 835 North Michigan Avenue (I just googled to see if one is in Chicago. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete